Skip to main content

Pregnancy and Risk

My journey to motherhood was an overwhelming feeling yet scary, good thing i doesn't have morning sickness, craving and aversions as people keep on asking me about, or not yet:) i just enjoyed my pregnancy ate right, sleep right, periodic visit of my ob gynecologist & trying to stay fit. Sounds easy isn't it?:)

But not until my second trimester that i have to get up from bed so late at night and again too early in the morning to just to pee (frequent urination), my tummy gets bigger and gets tighter and noticeably heavy that i can feel the real pregnancy (As much as i want to share my before and after baby bump pictures, id decided not to even i think its cute but it might be looks gross for some!!:)), this time the gender of the baby is being revealed and yes, we have a baby boy on his way, and i can already feel his kicks God knows how those little kicks makes me happy, although i am still grateful i haven't had those morning sickness, nauseous or any of those crazy cravings like asking for a sweet salt!!! lol

Third Trimester is indeed a very remarkable experience to me, all the emotions, discomforts specially swelling,  baby's kicking is getting harder and it hurts, heartburn and indigestion & contractions., added to it was my being anxious about where will i gave birth, i was live in Cebu at that time because my work was there but most of my Family are in Davao yet i am in Manila for my embassy interview and was hoping to get the visa before my due. 

All are being cleared out during the 8th month when finally im already here in the US that i know i will deliver my baby here but one thing i didn't know and anticipate is the possibility of the pre-eclampsia, even though i remember my OB Gynecologist in Cebu mentioned it to me but i didn't bother to study and think about it that much because i was thinking i was healthy and as long as i ate good and watch my diet and follow doctors advises i will be ok but the truth is its not and pregnant woman should not ignore it for it can lead to organ failure and death..

Here's what i learn about pre-eclampsia:

            Preeclampsia is an abnormal pregnancy condition characterized by high blood pressure. This condition also can include protein in the urine and swelling. Lack of treatment can lead to organ failure and death. The only cure for this condition is delivery of the child.

             Preeclampsia occurs when a pregnant woman has high blood pressure and protein in her urine at any point after her 20th week of pregnancy. This condition is also called toxemia or pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH). It only occurs during pregnancy, although in some cases, it can occur earlier than the 20th week.

That is what happen to me and the reason why my OB Gynecologist advice me to have me induce and deliver my baby right after she check me up. Now my baby and i are both healthy even i deliver him 3 weeks earlier than his due.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Camotes Island

I had an opportunity visiting Camotes Island and I can’t believe what I see. “It is a virgin island” as I call it, the place is so clean, so solemn, relaxing yet beautiful. THE LAKE DANAO- it is known to be the largest lake in Visayas & Mindanao, the total area of the lake is 680 hectares. THE MANGODLONG ROCK RESORT - coconut-shaded garden close to the beachfront. Across the resort and separated by a blue sea is a coral islet with tropical huts spread out, connected by a sand bar from the beach. THE SANTIAGO BAY GARDEN & RESORT- overlooking a wide expanse of fine white sand, and a dazzling blue ocean.

Sloppy Joe & Beans Burrito

This is one of my family's favorite, it's not just easy to cook but also the ingredients that my husband and i shared in making this delicious recipe that the kids love, so i hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!!! A little bit of a Mexican taste for a nice family dinner that everybody would surely love! Ingredients: 1 pound beef, lean ground, 93%-lean 1/2 cup of chopped onions 1 tsp minced garlic 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper 1 Can (15 oz) sloppy joe 1 Can (16 oz) refried beans 1 pack (10 pcs) soft tortilla 2 cups (shredded cheese) Preparation: In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with salt & pepper and then drain the excess oil Add the onions and garlic to the ground beef and stir for 3 minutes Add the sloppy joe, stir until mixed then set aside 3/4 cup of the mixed sauce for the toppings Add the refried beans to the remaining sauce mix and stir to mix then turn the stove off Preheat the over for 350 degrees Coat 11" x 15&qu

Ramadan

I heard the word “Ramadan” a lot of times, in fact today is declared holiday here because it’s the end of “ramadan?” I was just kinda curious about what really “ramadan” means, I did some research, and here I will share some of my research about it. The name Ramadan is derived from the Arabic word ramida or ar-ramad, denoting intense scorching heat and dryness, especially the ground. From the same word there is ramdaa, meaning “sunbaked sand” and the famous proverb Kal Mustajeer minar ramadaa binnar—to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. Some say it is so called because Ramadan scorches out the sins with good deeds, as the sun burns the ground. Ramadan brings out a special feeling of emotional excitement and religious zeal among Muslims of all ages. Though fasting is mandatory only for adults, children as young as eight willingly observe fasting with their elders. Children look forward to the excitement of sighting the moon and eating special meals with their fami