Skip to main content

Things happends fast in the US

I remember in the seminar & counseling i attended in Cebu for my CFO (Commission on Filipino Overseas) Certificate, they said that things are fast in the US!! now i can say, yes that is true here's the instances:

I got here January 12, 2012 my fiancee toke me to the nice places and nice restaurants and introduce me to his family and so on so forth, five days after i arrive and do all those things i mentioned, we went to the clerk of court to apply for marriage license, 20 minutes after we get there, the clerk hand us our marriage license (no queue so when we get there the clerk attend to us right away and ask for my fiance and mine's passport/id and the payment and talk to us for a few minutes) and when my then fiance ask the name of the judge he know, the clerk then said yes he is at the next building and if you want to get married right away, you can so it and guess what???? we did get married right there and then, now tell me if that is not FAST?! oh, and here's more when we get to the judge office, again no queue so he attend to us right away and talk for 5 minutes and then he lead us to the room and ask if we have our ring with us (good thing we just bought our ring at that day so we have it with us too) we said yes and we took it out of the case (still the price tag on it) and in no time, we are MR & MRS!!!

Here's another, the next day that January 13th hubby decided to call the insurance company and his employer to include me to his insurance beneficiary and they just asked for our marriage certificate and walaahhh!!! again in no time they confirmed im already in his insurance beneficiary!!! so, that means no problem for my delivery or any hospital expenses when due (i was 8 mos prego when i get here)...

Here's another more, February 1st is my 1st OB-gynecologist visit here in the US, so we went there for a suppose to be just a wellness check up but when the doctor came and do her normal routine check up, she noticed that the result of my blood pressure is high and she said she's affraid im gonna have pre-ecclamsia during my labor if we will wait for the baby's due date and she will send us to the hospital and induce my labor in that particular day, so to make the story short, yes i had a baby 2 o'clock early in the morning the next day, my baby is ahead 3 weeks his due but doctor said nothing to worry 3 weeks ahead of due the baby is already full term developed.

So, that's what it is and there's some more happen but no longer surprise me for i know and prove it myself that things happen FAST in the US!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Camotes Island

I had an opportunity visiting Camotes Island and I can’t believe what I see. “It is a virgin island” as I call it, the place is so clean, so solemn, relaxing yet beautiful. THE LAKE DANAO- it is known to be the largest lake in Visayas & Mindanao, the total area of the lake is 680 hectares. THE MANGODLONG ROCK RESORT - coconut-shaded garden close to the beachfront. Across the resort and separated by a blue sea is a coral islet with tropical huts spread out, connected by a sand bar from the beach. THE SANTIAGO BAY GARDEN & RESORT- overlooking a wide expanse of fine white sand, and a dazzling blue ocean.

Sloppy Joe & Beans Burrito

This is one of my family's favorite, it's not just easy to cook but also the ingredients that my husband and i shared in making this delicious recipe that the kids love, so i hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!!! A little bit of a Mexican taste for a nice family dinner that everybody would surely love! Ingredients: 1 pound beef, lean ground, 93%-lean 1/2 cup of chopped onions 1 tsp minced garlic 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper 1 Can (15 oz) sloppy joe 1 Can (16 oz) refried beans 1 pack (10 pcs) soft tortilla 2 cups (shredded cheese) Preparation: In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with salt & pepper and then drain the excess oil Add the onions and garlic to the ground beef and stir for 3 minutes Add the sloppy joe, stir until mixed then set aside 3/4 cup of the mixed sauce for the toppings Add the refried beans to the remaining sauce mix and stir to mix then turn the stove off Preheat the over for 350 degrees Coat 11" x 15&qu

My Visa Journey "First Step"

Moving on from girlfriend to fiancee sounds good to me but that means i have to process my visa to be with my soon to be husband since he is what they call "F" as in "Foreigner" which is an american in particular to me. So, my visa journey started with researching.... and here's what we (my fiance & i) learned from our research: First Step: A ssembling the I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiance(e)  Package 1. Payment as required by USCIS. 2. Cover Letter 3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) 4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. 5. Original statements (from  both  the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. 6. Proof of having met in past two years. 7. Form G-325A filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated). 8. One passport-type pho